It has been useful to reflect on the clear suggestions that CR made as to how I could improve and develop my formation and practice as an artist.
These suggestions included:
- I need to continue to both visit galleries and to deeply reflect on the shows and their presentation;
- I need to try and consider further about how I might realise and present my work in a gallery space;
- To further increase my knowledge base so that I can be more fully grounded;
- To continue to explore printmaking, this may lead to printmaking having a greater role within my personal practice [a series of posters could be one way to realise the work];
- To continue to consider text, text works could also provide a mode for realisation.
During my ongoing reflection and consideration of this feedback I have spent some time contemplating making a poster. This would be in vertical [portrait format], still using newsprint and would have both image and text elements. My thinking is to also include space where detail can be added by hand: these details would be date of visit and finds. Although I am still considering whether it is best to allow space for the finds to be listed or to print a table where the types of finds would be printed and the quantity, if any of such items on that occasion would be recorded. In either case the posters would form an evidence log; which nicely resonates with how the finds from each occasion have been separately bagged and labelled.
On further review I decided that it was better to have space for a list of items rather than a chart, as too much space would be given over in the table to item that were not found on that particular occasion.
I have thus now decided to produce a digital mock up to help aid my ongoing discernment of the best way to progress the work. I hope to make and upload this mock-up in the coming week.