It has been good to spend some time over the Easter break working on my video and on my pamphlet.
I was pleased to be able to combine a few threads in my approach, content and presentation of my pamphlet; so that it incorporates being folded out, some of my reflections and it seems to compliment the video. It was good to explore the use of different size text and the relationships between different panels as it was folded/unfolded - I did not want to loose this so this confirmed my choice of a printed pamphlet rather than an e-pamphlet.
I have enjoyed working on the video, I found it satisfying that it incorporates so much of the work I have been doing, whereas I was somewhat frustrated that the prints were only a small concentrated distillation. I did consider adding text - perhaps as a ticker feed listing dates and items of detritus; but at the moment I am enjoying utilising the found text - which I have emphasised by the use of timing - giving the viewer time to read and take in the text which seems to give extra emphasis and sense of meaning to following images. I am also pleased with the use of sound - the sound of the sea, the ebb and flow, seems to resonate well with the rest of the work.