The morning was spent receiving a demonstration by CR of the whole process. This was far more involved than I had anticipated with numerous steps. The whole process together with the porous limestone seemed very organic, with each step something could happen that could effect the final print. The German mine has just restarted production of the stones after a number of decades.
In the afternoon it was good to try the process for myself, grinding the stones was time consuming but therapeutic, so it was a little nerve wracking to commit a drawing to the stone after all the preparatory work. I used the sketch for my screen print as the initial basis for my work [just beach/sea portion] and then included a tear/raindrop reflecting the scene, and a window in the sky [homage to Magritte] showing a view of a rubbish dump. When I used the stay wet ink it left more ink than expected - [as I think I had let the stone tryout too much before applying the ink] but once washed off I was happy with the effect as it seemed to me to resonate with oil pollution seaside oil pollution. I look forward to printing it in due course.
I photographed the work that I had done on the stone: